USDZA(PublicAffairsDivision)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
USDZA(PublicAffairsDivision)

USDZA (PublicAffairsDivision) SURVIVE Z-DAY Visit us at USDZA.com

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  WEBSITE  

Super Extreme Positive Thread!

Go down 
+3
b.curley
a.bertetto
t.mcalister
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
t.mcalister

t.mcalister

Super Extreme Positive Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 pm

There are some who believe that we can make peace with the undead. This is obviously a false hope. Discuss
Back to top Go down
http://USDZA.com/
a.bertetto
Admin
a.bertetto

PostSubject: This is my reply   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Superpositivitudology! YEAH!!
Back to top Go down
http://USDZA.org/
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:51 pm

This seems like we need to bring our ZRT department into this discussion. Has anyone informed him of the creation of said thread?
Back to top Go down
b.dotch

b.dotch

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:59 pm

We here in Zombie Relations are always hopeful of the prospect of positive interaction with the undead masses. Where all before now have failed, our chances are exponentially greater. We have the means. We have the technology. ...All we need is to find a zombie with enough intelligence to reciprocate.

...Any offers for brain donors?
Back to top Go down
r.slown

r.slown

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:33 am

Honestly I believe that the only good communication with the undead is when the the barrel of my shotgun is locked on to their skulls.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.usdza.com
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm with Slown. But eventually we may need to learn to train the zombies in order to keep life going. they can do basic tasks. yard work and what not. but this is all post-post-apocalypse. and the great thing about it is they wont be able to later on in the future fight for zombie rights because they lack the ability to gain said further knowledge aside from the basic slave work. Idea
Back to top Go down
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:47 pm

What if the zombies are like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead? How would you train those?
Back to top Go down
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:51 pm

they would require caging for long periods of time until they break. WE WILL BREAK DOWN THEIR SPIRITS! WE ARE USDZA!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Have you seen dawn of the dead? Those zombies are aggressive and fast, I don’t think any amount of time in a cage would accomplish anything with them. You could have them in a cage for a year or more and they would still want to much on your flesh. Razz
Back to top Go down
r.slown

r.slown

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 pm

That's why my strategy is the only true solution. If we try to train them then there will be some stupid actavist group eventually that will try and fight for their rights. I really don't feel like shooting humans if I don't have to.... but I will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.usdza.com
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Only good zombie is a dead zombie, trying to train them is asking for trouble.
Back to top Go down
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:15 pm

That's why we have our ZRT (Zombie Relations Team) and USDZA scientists working on drugs to help calm the aggressive nature, but at the same time I'm with Slown in the fact that we may have to keep our zombie slaves limited to working within our underground facilities.
Back to top Go down
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Infected wrote:
Only good zombie is a dead zombie, trying to train them is asking for trouble.

keep in mind though, we may need manual labor while we attempt to rebuild, so calm and content zombies can be used to our advantage.
Back to top Go down
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Wouldn’t it better a better use of time to make a viral weapon to exterminate all the zombies? Why try and calm them down, Why not just kill them all? Smile
Back to top Go down
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:35 pm

then we risk the lives of all survivors as well though. and as the USDZA we wont risk innocents if we do not have to. we offer Assurance for Z-Day,although mostly through helping people help themselves there is still that ability to help them when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Unless the zombies are showing some kind of compassion towards people I don’t see trying to tame them being a practical use of time. First you should ask your self have you ever heard of any zombie lore where the zombies are nice? Typically speaking once infected or resurrected, the zombies lose all function of thought process except for the need to feed. Some lore states that it makes them more aggressive and their muscles don’t break down so zombies can run, others the muscle tissues breaks down and the zombies are slow and stagger everywhere (after a certain amount of time being infected they collapse because the muscle tissue is decayed so much that it cannot move it's body parts any more).

So if you go with the zombies are slow cause the muscle tissue is breaking down keeping them captive would do no good as they would eventually just collapse.

If you go with the other where they become aggressive and can run, I’m going to assume once the chemistry of the brain has been altered, damage is done and is more than likely is irreversible. So trying to make a chemical compound that will reverse the affects of the increased aggression is pointless.

How do we risk the lives of all the survivors? If you make a viral weapon that targets the genetic makeup of the infected, non-infected would not be harmed by this viral weapon.
Back to top Go down
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:37 pm

1. We risk survivors in the fact of the testing of this, or any release of an unfinished product in attempt to destroy them all too son (jumping the gun) without full security that it only targets the zombies and has no effect to human tissue makeup. which will be hard because they don't necessarily have a different tissue makeup or anything entirely unique to them, until we can break down the original cause of the outbreak. Which also can't be foretold because many things could be the cause of the outbreak.

2. The T-Virus(since we are talking in theory here and lore) had the ability to rebuild the tissue to an extent but not all of them took aggressively to it. Some were calm and content others had more advanced and superior changes to the body. and some where just aggressive zombies. So this would be again, very POST-outbreak that we would want to look into the taming of few, to help rebuild. this doesn't mean that it would have to be very long term, just more towards the manual labor portion while we help get everyone back on their feet. We have to use what resources we have and think of all possibilities.

3. In Shaun of the Dead (as another example) some zombie were able to maintain some life within and be controlled, as in the end where he keeps his best friend alive. He had to remained chained up, but had some basic human functions available still

4. i think i answered 4 in my past three and totally lost where i was going with this one but wanted to make sure i answered all your concerns. so we will leave this one open in case i or you or anyone else for that matter thinks of something we haven't address in our previous beginning conversation.
Back to top Go down
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 pm

In resident evil when they tried to rehabilitate zombies that were infected with the T-Virus, it backfired and the zombies became more aggressive and violent.

If you were going to engineer a viral weapon to kill the zombies I would hope you would not release it until you had been able to verify that it did not affect humans as well. I would assume that if you are the walking dead there would be some change to your genetic code that could be visible when compared to that of a living person.
Back to top Go down
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:33 pm

yes, but we have to come up with a way to single that specific out. which can take time. If we come close there could always be that one rogue person that tries to do it and screws everything up. we have to ensure that it only effects the infected and not human tissue and no human side effects, so forth.
Back to top Go down
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:46 pm

If it takes time and it is a decomposing zombie virus, they will decompose before you can find it…. So if it were a decomposing zombie virus it seems that hiding out till everything died off would be a better solution… assuming that that was the type of zombie outbreak. I don't think we are getting anywhere with this... lol!
Back to top Go down
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:01 pm

well like i said before this would be post post-apocalyptic. so after basic fighting, extermination tactics don't work as well as standard survival. this is more or less future planning for an elongated outbreak. better to be prepared than eaten
Back to top Go down
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Very true... being eating alive is a bad way to go. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Scales Music

Scales Music

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 pm

The biological aspect of a viral hosted organism is a factor of the fact that we try to create life through science. We have created a single cell organism that can replicate it self from synthetic bio chemical miosys. Add the element of using this type of science as a weapon and soon you will have viral implementation... There for THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!
Back to top Go down
b.curley
Admin
b.curley

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Scales Music wrote:
The biological aspect of a viral hosted organism is a factor of the fact that we try to create life through science. We have created a single cell organism that can replicate it self from synthetic bio chemical miosys. Add the element of using this type of science as a weapon and soon you will have viral implementation... There for THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!

*like*
Back to top Go down
Infected

Infected

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Extreme Positive Thread!   Super Extreme Positive Thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Extreme Positive Thread!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next